- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely diced
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle, finely diced
- 1/4 cup or so tahini (any mayo works too)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons mustard (stoneground or Dijon)
- sea salt & cracked pepper, to taste
- dash of garlic powder
- juice of 1 lemon
Drain and rinse chickpeas. Place in medium-size bowl and roughly mash with a fork or potato masher. Add the remaining ingredients and combine. Thicken the consistency by adding more tahini or mayo. To thin the dressing, just add water or juice from the kosher dill pickle jar!
Serve as a salad or in a sandwich. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Recipe adapted from Simple Veganista.